Time flies when you’re having fun! Actually, as I noticed in 2017, it doesn’t wait to see if you’re having fun or not. It just zips by regardless. You can see my 2017 in review here. After a year like that one, I’m even less confident than ever as to how to make plans for the year to come. Still, you know that if you aim for nothing, you’ll surely hit it, so here goes.
Since I’ve begun indie publishing, I’ve divided my goals into two sections for business (writing and publishing) as well as communication, then a few more personal categories. I’m also trying to cut back and not push myself so hard. After all, one heart attack is plenty. So here goes!
Writing Goals for 2018 (220,000 words):
• Harvest of Love (55,000 words – Garden Grown Romance 3 aka Arcadia Valley Romance 17)
• Flavors of Forever (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 5)
• Raindrops on Radishes (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 6)
• Dancing on Dewdrops (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 7)
• Maybe one more? We’ll see!
Publishing Goals for 2018 (220,000 words):
• February: Wishes on Wildflowers (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 4)
• May: Harvest of Love (55,000 words – Garden Grown Romance 3 aka Arcadia Valley Romance 17)
• September: Flavors of Forever (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 5)
• November: Raindrops on Radishes (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 6)
Audiobook Publishing Goals for 2018
• Wishes on Wildflowers
• Flavors of Forever
Communication Goals for 2018
• Blog here 2-4 times a month
• Blog at Inspy Romance monthly
• Send 1-2 email newsletters a month (sign up here)
• Visit my FB Readers Group several times a week (join here)
Personal Goals for 2018
• Continue with Trim Healthy Mama
• Lose an additional 25 pounds (I’m down 10 since the heart attack in October)
• Walk 5000-10,000 steps a day, on average
Family Goals for 2018
• Take the grandgirls camping at least twice
• Enjoy spending time with my family at every opportunity
• Cherish my marriage
• Two vacations with my husband – need a trip to the Pacific Ocean this year!
Spiritual Goals for 2018
• Continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ
• Consistent quiet time and prayer
• Corporate worship and study as much as possible
What about you? Did you meet your goals for 2017? What does 2018 look like for you?