Another decade is all wrapped up and in the history books. It seems like Y2K was just last week, doesn’t it? And here it is, twenty years later. What a twenty years it’s been! Although my focus with this blog post is only the past 365 days, not 7305 of them…
In 2019, I wrote about 275,000 words of fiction and published a matching amount. Win!
Written in 2019:
• The Cowboy’s Romantic Dreamer (55,000 words — Saddle Springs Romance 3)
• The Cowboy’s Convenient Marriage (55,000 words — Saddle Springs Romance 4)
• Dancing at Daybreak (55,000 words — Urban Farm Fresh Romance 7)
• The Cowboy’s Belated Discovery (55,000 words — Saddle Springs Romance 5)
• Glimpses of Gossamer (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 8)
I optimistically planned for six novels in 2019, and that didn’t happen. I think five is a more reasonable goal… that’s a novel every ten weeks. However, stay tuned for next week’s blog post to see if I’m going to be reasonable in 2020 or shoot for that one extra story…
If you’re paying close attention, you may have noticed some book titles changed from January’s “goals” to December’s “completion,” though the stories didn’t. Titles for future UFFR stories got a bit of an overhaul in 2019, and I can’t be certain they’re fixed in stone until the covers are on order!
You can always follow along with what I’m currently writing by occasional peeks at my Coming Soon page or, of course, being a newsletter subscriber.
Published in 2019:
• February: Raindrops on Radishes (55,000 words – Urban Farm Fresh Romance 6)
• April: The Cowboy’s Romantic Dreamer (55,000 words — Saddle Springs Romance 3)
• June: The Cowboy’s Convenient Marriage (55,000 words — Saddle Springs Romance 4)
• September: Dancing at Daybreak (55,000 words — Urban Farm Fresh Romance 7)
• November: The Cowboy’s Belated Discovery (55,000 words — Saddle Springs Romance 5)
Series Bundles Published in 2019:
• April: Garden Grown Romance (complete collection)
• July: Urban Farm Fresh Romance 1-3
• October: Saddle Springs Romance 1-3
• October: Urban Farm Fresh Romance 4-6
I had big hopes to get the Urban Farm Fresh Romance series caught up in audio, but my narrator stepped out of the business, so I did, too. I’d love to re-enter the audiobook market at some point, but the landscape needs to change before that becomes viable again. Boo.
I planned to maintain a regular blogging schedule here and on Inspy Romance, and I achieved both those goals. I also planned to send a newsletter out 1-2 times per month, and achieved that, also. I believe I’ve sent 22 in total!
I’ve been posting my annual goals to my blog for quite a few years, if you’d like to have a look. Before 2009, my reporting was a bit haphazard, so after poking around for a while, I decided “back then” wasn’t relevant! Still, if it would amuse you, here’s the list:
2017 goals | 2017 in review
2016 goals | 2016 in review
2015 goals | 2015 in review
2014 goals | 2014 in review
2013 goals | 2013 in review
2012 goals | 2012 in review
2011 goals | 2011 in review
2010 goals | 2010 in review
2009 goals | 2009 in review
Do you set annual goals? How did you do keeping them in 2019?