My American friends are celebrating Thanksgiving this week. In Canada, the day set aside for that is the second Monday of October. But really, I’m thinking it’s a good idea to have an ‘attitude of gratitude’ every day of the year.
What if we’d woken up today with only what we’d been thankful for yesterday? How would our lives be different? When I saw this posted on someone’s Facebook wall (sorry I don’t remember who) it really convicted me. How thankful am I for the many blessings God has given me each and every day? Far too often, I take them for granted.
I’m deeply thankful for:
1. The gift of salvation through Jesus’ death on the cross.
2. My awesome hubby of 31 years. I love you, Jim!
3. My wonderful kids and their equally wonderful spouses.
4. My granddaughter, SweetPea, and the hope of more little ones to come 🙂
5. A Christian heritage of many generations
6. Living in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I’m so not kidding.
7. Enough. Enough food, enough clothing, enough of everything.
8. A farm and a garden, which has helped fill my family’s larder.
9. Friends. Both Real Life friends that stop by to visit in person, and many exceptional cyber-friends.
10. Health. This year has had its ups and downs, which helps remind a person, doesn’t it?
You’ll notice my novella contract and getting an agent didn’t even make the top ten! But yes, I’m very very thankful for Cara Putman, Annalisa Daughety, and Nicole O’Dell, without whose collaboration I wouldn’t be part of an anthology coming out in May from Barbour, and for Joyce Hart, who is working tirelessly on my behalf for other projects.
Really, I could probably go to twenty, fifty, or maybe a hundred without pausing too long. What are YOU thankful for?
Click the Jolly Daze icon at the top to see more Thanksgiving entries to the meme.