Here’s a way to get me back in the blogging game. Anyone else want to play? Link to your answers in the comments section. 🙂
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Either. Gift bags are great for things that are leaving the house, but not as good for things that will sit under the tree. Even though my kids are adults…
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. Hands down.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually about mid-December. This year it isn’t up yet, due to two very curious kittens and one exuberant (and large) pup.
4. When do you take the tree down? Hubby says: “Out with the old, in with the new.” Which means that unless there are extenuating circumstances, before New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The only ones I remember are books and a Spirograph, so I guess that would be them!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She’s in a nursing home now so there really isn’t anything she needs, but she was always difficult to buy for.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My girls.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have two. One is a porcelain one we bought, and the other is a toddler-proof fabric one I made when my kids were little. It’s been put away for years now but it will soon be making it’s reappearance :D. I remember Joel watching a Christmas video and playing out the Christmas story with the nativity set when he was 2 or 3. This year the porcelain one is on a shelf up high, hopefully out of kitties’ reaches.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? The last ten years, seems like neither.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly can’t remember. That would be the kind of memory I block!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Let’s go with the Charlie Brown classic. With Garfield as a runner-up!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start keeping an eye out for stocking stuffers in September or so, or if we’re on a trip somewhere. Gifts, more like November sometime.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I recall. (That’d be another memory I’d block…)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Gingerbread cookies. And other cookies. And turkey dinner. And food, in general.
16. Lights on the tree? Multi-colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? One Small Child, the way our former worship team used to sing it. Here’s the original:
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually at home, but if our kids can’t make it here, we’ll do whatever we can to be together.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Not a chance.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I grew up with Christmas Eve gift-opening, and hubby’s family were Christmas morning all the way. We’ve done some of each but eventually evolved to Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The whole political correctness thing. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I have quite a few angels, most of them (most of all our ornaments, actually) are handmade. I’ve made quite a few and often look for unique ones at craft fairs, etc. This mop angel was made by my cousin’s wife.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Turkey with all the trimmings. We’ve started brining the bird ahead of time…mmm. Rice stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy. Traditional Christmas pudding for dessert if I can talk my mother-in-law into inviting us over later!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My kids to be home. Ah…