Well, here it is the 17th day of the new year. You’d think I could post up some goals for it at some point, eh? Perhaps my first goal should be…
1. Blogging more. Aiming for at least once a week might be a good idea.
2. Getting my website completely redone and the blog integrated. Hopefully within the next month.
Most of the things in my life that I have *some* measure of control over are writing related. While many of the highlights of last year (and previous years) are in family areas, those aren’t areas where public goals make sense. So here goes on writing ones:
3. Novel Submissions: Keep Majai’s Fury in submission. (I’ve sent queries out twice already this year, and it’s been rejected once. So I’m succeeding in this goal, thus far.)
4. Writing: Finish Dottie and Tempest. (It looks like Dottie is going to move forward and be the first for concentration. I’m taking her story through the How to Think Sideways course as we speak.) I’ll consider doing NaNo this year, if these are complete and nothing else seems to be more pressing.
5. Contests: I plan to submit at least two entries into the Genesis. Of course I would like to increase my *streak* of finaling and increase my standing. *If* I final again this year, I’d like to try to get to conference in September. But that’s not quite a goal.
6. Revising: I’m not sure what will hit the front burner on this one. It depends on how long the writing from Goal 4 takes. At the moment it’s a toss-up between Quest to Be Queen and Chloe. I wish I revised faster is the real truth!
7. Critiquing: I’ll take on up to four novels this year for crit, though I’m not sure right now which of my partners will have something ready. So this goal is a bit vague.
8. Forward Motion: Continue with moderator duties at FM, including writing and facilitating one new workshop this year. Other things may come up.
9. Book Tours: I’m committed still to touring at least a dozen new books on this blog this year. Maybe it’s cheating to stick it in my goals when there will be two next week!
Best of luck Val!
I plan on keeping up on school, work, a social life and going to the gym 5 days a week.
So on that note, I have to go the gym and then write an essay.
huh, #2 feel like a hint…
Valerie Comer says
Noooo, ya think? 😉
but I can do it…because I have my computer!
Valerie Comer says
😀 That’s what I figured… I knew you were really busy prepping for the artisan faire in the fall, but now I’m READY!!!