Being as I have nothing specific to blog about–meaning I’m not accomplishing anything writing-wise and my mom’s health is stable/sliding slightly–I thought I’d jump on the current meme wagon even though I haven’t officially been tagged. I first saw this meme at Rebecca Miller’s blog and have also seen reports by: Mirtika Schultz, Karen Hancock, Sharon Hinck, and probably others I just can’t remember at the moment. Anyway, without further ado, here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My odd facts?
1. My mother didn’t teach me how to cook, so it’s a good thing my sister taught me how to read.
2. I’ve been to at least six developed hot springs: Ainsworth, Nakusp, Harrison, Canyon, Fairmont, Radium and three undeveloped ones.
3. Besides hot springs, my area of BC is common for ferries. There are five free ferries that I’ve been on quite often, one of which is the longest free ferry ride in Canada (about 35 minutes).
4. I attended boarding school for grades 9-12.
5. As the youngest of five girls, I grew up mostly an only child due to age differences.
6. (This is harder than it looks! Most of you know quite a bit about my current life, so I need to delve deeper…) Okay, here goes: I met my husband when we were both in tenth grade.
7. Two of my closest friends are my daughter and my daughter-in-law.
8. In the 27 years that I’ve been married, we’ve moved 14 times. We’ve been in our current one for 7. And before that we’d managed 4.5 years in the same place three times. What does that tell you about the rest of those years? 😛
Whew. That’s 8. Now I’m curious about YOU and your random, obscure facts! I’d like to tag: Hanna, Jen, Karen, Tina, EJ, Jean, Maripat, and Debbie. (And I’m off the hook blogging for a few days again :P)
Sharon Hinck says
I’m so impressed you jumped on in. I’m happy to tag you “after the fact”, so you can feel officially tagged. I was struggling to come with friends who I hoped wouldn’t mind playing. 🙂
I love your facts…and reading it makes me want to ride on a ferry.
Valerie Comer says
LOL, come on over Sharon. I’ll take you on a ride through ferry land!
Cheryl Klarich says
Ditto Sharon’s sentiment!
gah, now I’ve been double tagged, but I’ve already posted twice today…soooo tomorrow.
I’ll triple tag Hanna tomorrow… now, who else??? Hmmm… Mom and Dad leave tonight, so I’ll not be posting immediately.
8 facts??? And you want me to tag 8 folks? Do I even know 8 people???
Karen Hancock says
Very nice, Val. Glad you jumped in. I can tag you after the fact as well, since like Sharon I didn’t want to tag unwilling participants!
Katie Hart says
I tagged you! Before the fact even. My web browsers kept disappearing for some reason last night, though, and I wasn’t able to leave a comment letting you know. Sorry! But yes, this is an official tagged post! 😉
Valerie Comer says
LOL, thanks to everyone! I’ll have fun learning about you all(mwahaha!). Thanks for the official tag, Katie, before the fact. 😛 Cheryl, you’re welcome on the trip through fairy land too. I mean FERRY land. Thanks for stopping by, Karen H and KaRenee–Maripat, if Karen can triple tag Hanna, you can quadruple tag her. Funny how that works!
Well, I was retagged and would have gladly included you … but I wasn’t sure since you’d already posted.
Eight is more than it first seems, isn’t it.
I posted and thanks for the tag! Love the new blog layout too!
Wow-none of the people I tagged even did theirs.
Good for you.
I think they scraped the bottom when they got to me.
How wonderful that you are friends with your daughter and dil.
Keep me posted about your mom and nephew.