Authors like to think every reader in the world would love our books if only they’d find and read them.
Sad to say, it isn’t quite that simple. And maybe that’s a good thing! If all readers liked the exact same stories, there wouldn’t be room for so many genres, so many authors, so many unique stories.
While I know that not every reader is mine, I still believe that there are many more readers out there who would find my stories right up their alley if only they had the chance to meet. So who is my reader?
Here are some indicators I’ve come up with.
Are You My Reader? You are if…
- You believe in the power of romance to bring out the best in people.
- You like to read about real people doing interesting things in rural places.
- You see value in a rural lifestyle of farming, gardening, and fresh food.
- You believe one person can start a chain reaction for real change.
- You love to read about good food and those who grow and prepare it.
- You believe your faith in God should impact every aspect of your life…even what you eat.
Do you agree? Can you think of something I’ve missed? Please help me find my readers!
If you’re curious, check out my fiction here. Read the first chapters!