Is November National Meme month? No? You’d think! Rebecca Miller tagged me on this one: Seven random book related facts. Okeydokey, I can do that!
1. My sister taught me to read from Dick and Jane. I remember us lying on our tummies on the bed in the attic bedroom. Thankfully other books had more interesting plot lines.
2. We lived in a remote rural area and got our library books by mail from the University of Manitoba.
3. The first year I attended a school with a library in it was seventh grade. Before that, books were just in a cupboard at the back of the classroom. (No wonder I learned to reread…)
4. Books were a common gift for birthdays and Christmas. Heidi, The Five Little Peppers, The Borrowers.
5. It’s my husband’s fault I *really* got into SFF, though. He started me on Anne McCaffery and I’ve never looked back!
6. Our kids learned to read *defensively*. That was what Mommy and Daddy were doing, so it must be fun!
7. I think it is the coolest thing these days to go into bookstores and realize I actually KNOW some of the authors on the shelf. They’re people I’ve exchanged emails with or met through book tours or forums, a few even in person.