Once upon a time, I made goals for 2012, as I do every year.
Here’s what I wrote (and what resulted)
1. Prepare 2-3 proposals (prepared three)
2. Write 1-2 novellas (zero)
3. Write 1-2 novels (one)
4. Revise 1-3 works (zero–I hang my head in shame!)
1. Critique as requested by my CPs (yes)
2. Mentor and teach (yes)
1. Create & implement a plan for novella anthology launch online (yes)
2. Plan & implement a local launch party (yes)
3. Attend ACFW conference in September (Dallas) (yes)
4. Continue with Toastmasters with 1 speech per month (I didn’t go for the entire year.)
5. Seek out & apply for 5 speaking/teaching opportunities (applied for three)
1. Walk 10,000 steps a day (lost my pedometer)
2. Eat 8 servings of vegetables and fruits daily (no, but getting better again later in the year)
3. Begin & maintain a fitness routine (no)
4. Be accountable (apparently not!)
1. Grandbaby #2 is due in early February (and a joy she is!)
2. Rainbow’s End releases May first (Woot! That was fun!)
3. Grandbaby #3 is due in late June (born mid July–a new treasure!)
4. Friesen Family Reunion in late June (such an awesome time!)
5. Vacation in October (with 2 lay-offs in the family, this didn’t happen.)
Goal: I’m looking forward to renewed health and energy in 2012, lots of camping in the Kootenays, a large garden, loving on little people, and precious times with family. Most of all, I’m expecting 2012 to draw me into an ever-renewing relationship with God.
Recap: From a low health point about two years ago, I’m slowly but surely regaining strength. While we did manage a large garden, we didn’t get much camping done. But spending time with my beautiful granddaughters and their parents (and their grandfather!) is definitely the highlight of my year. And yes, God is continuing to work in my heart and life.